Five die in pharma plant fire

Tools

A short circuit is the likely cause of a fatal fire in India that was triggered as workers inside a bottling chamber transferred bulk alcohol into bottles. Five were killed and three seriously injured at Kayvee Aeropharm in Kadi, Mehsana, 50 miles north of Ahmedabad.

The short circuit caused a blast in a chemical manufacturing drum, says IBN Live. It happened late Saturday morning in the 25- by 12-foot chamber, access to which was provided by only the main air-tight entrance, reports DNA India.

Fire spread quickly inside the sealed chamber, according to the report. Firefighters broke through the rear wall of the chamber to reach the workers.

- here's the DNA story
- see the IBN report

Related Articles:
Roche, Catalent suffer warehouse fires

Dr. Reddy's tarnished by FDA warning, fire probe
Worker deaths probed at Dr. Reddy's plants
Plant fire kills two in India